Date: Senior – Thursday April 12th, 2018
Location: Stratford Badminton Club, Agriplex Building, 353 McCarthy Rd. Stratford
Times: Courts available at 8:10 A.M. for practice
Coaches meeting at 8:30 A.M.
Players meeting following coaches meeting with play starting immediately
- Coaches must email entry forms to Carly McLeod (email@example.com). Please remember to indicate seeding where necessary.
- Entry deadline: 12:00 P.M. on Friday April 6th.
- WOSSAA eligibility forms and entry fees ($6 per player) are due at the coaches meeting. Cheques should be made payable to Mitchell District High School.
- Each school will be charged $6 for each name that appears on their entry form, even if there is a cancellation after the deadline.
- A player can only participate in one event and only in one division (Junior or Senior)
- This tournament is: Double Elimination” with a 5th place finisher playoff.
- During the preliminary rounds games start at 4-4, best 2 out of 3 games to 21 points (cap of 30 points)
- Coaching between games should be kept to 1 minute in length with 1 coach on the court.
- There is no scheduled break. Athletes should bring their own food and drink. Concession stand to be provided by the Stratford Badminton Club.
- Goggles are mandatory and must be CSA approved.
- School uniforms or solid coloured clothing in school colours is acceptable. Partners should be matching. In addition, no hats, long-sleeve shirts or pants allowed during play.
- It is the students responsibility to keep track of their matches; there is a 5 minute default time after a match has been “called”.
- Medals are awarded in the finals.
- Overall team champion will be declared and a pennant awarded. Points are awarded for the top six finishers. All entries count towards the team title.
- Top four finishers advance to WOSSAA.
- Please supervise your athletes and keep them off the court if eliminated from play.
WOSSAA will be convened by Tim Marks (firstname.lastname@example.org) at HCC/SDCI on Thursday April 19, 2018.