Junior Huron –Perth Badminton Championships 2018
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Stratford Badminton Club, Agriplex Building, 353 McCarthy Rd. Stratford
Times: Courts available at 8:10 A.M. for practice
Coaches meeting at 8:30 A.M.
Players meeting following coaches meeting with play starting immediately
- Coaches must email entry forms to Susan Zorgdrager (email@example.com). Please remember to indicate seeding where necessary.
- Entry deadline: 12 P.M. on Friday, April 6th
- WOSSAA eligibility forms and entry fees ($6 per player) are due at the coaches meeting. Cheques should be made payable to Stratford Central Secondary School.
- Each school will be charged $6 for each name that appears on their entry form, even if there is a cancellation after the deadline.
- A player can only participate in one event and only in one division (Junior or Senior)
- This tournament is: “Double Elimination” with a 5th place finisher playoff.
- During the preliminary rounds, games start at 4-4, best 2 out of 3 games to 21 points (cap of 30 points)
- Coaching between games should be kept to 1 minute in length with 1 coach on the court.
- There is no scheduled break. Athletes should bring their own food and drink. Concession stand will be available from 10 am – 2 pm. Water ($1), Sports drink ($2), Pizza ($2), Ice Cream Bars ($1)
- Goggles are mandatory and must be CSA approved.
- School uniforms or solid coloured clothing is acceptable. Playing in warm-up clothing or tank tops is not allowed. In addition, no hats, long-sleeve shirts or pants allowed during play.
- It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of their matches; there is a 5 minute default time after a match has been “called”.
- Medals are awarded in the finals.
- Overall team champion will be declared and a pennant awarded. Points are awarded for the top six finishers. All entries count towards the team title.
- Please supervise your athletes and keep them off the court if eliminated from play.
- Top four finishers advance to WOSSAA.
- WOSSAA will be convened by Geoff Hiscox at Saunders on Thursday, April 26th, 2018. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Coaches’ lunch will be provided!